MUSIC SCHEDULE: Coming soon!
Help create a very special send-off for monarchs making their way to Mexico this fall! Wear your wings, and orange & black clothes: come dressed as a monarch butterfly. Parade will be led by Chicks on Sticks. All youth participants will receive a free monarch habitat seed packet.
Line up starts at the information booth (east side of Festival grounds)
Parade: 11am start
Parade route will wind through the Festival grounds and end by the stage
- Learn about monarchs at all stages of their life
- Help tag and release a monarch butterfly
- Find out what monarchs need to live in Minnesota
- Dress up and join the Costume Parade (0-12 yrs)
- Tour the Naturescape, a 4 acre butterfly and pollinator-friendly landscape next to Lake Nokomis
- Buy plants that monarchs love
- See how North America is planning to protect monarch butterflies
- Monarch migration game
- Monarch bingo
- Monarch Jeopardy
ARTISTS- Coming Soon!
Stop by the Monarch Education tent to learn about monarchs with help from the University of Minnesota Monarch Lab. Groups of 5-6 people will tag a butterfly and then release it in the Naturescape Garden. (Donations appreciated.) Receive word if your Monarch is ever captured or found along the migration route.
Sponsored by the US Forest Service and the UFS’ International Programs.
US Forest Service, International Program
US Fish & Wildlife Service, Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge
University of Minnesota Monarch Lab
Monarch Joint Venture
MN Dragonfly Society
Wild Ones Twin Cities
Three Rivers Park District
Food trucks will be posted regularly until the festival. Check back here to see new additions!
- 9 Yum Yum Ice Cream
- El Burrito Mercado
- Habanero Tacos
- La Guadalupana
- La Loma
- Mighty Chocolate Mini Donuts
- Phil’s Mini Donuts
- Naturally Delicious Ice Cream
- Taco Taxi
- Tibet Momo
- Twin Cities Paella
For more information, contact:
MaryLynn Pulscher at 612-313-7784 or email@example.com,
Page available in: Español